As part of the New National Curriculum, Primary School children are expected to know their times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of Year 4, starting with the 2, 5 and 10 times tables in Year 1, adding in the 3 and 0 times tables in Year 2, children in Year 3 will learn their 4 and 8 times tables, leading to tables up to 12 x 12 being learnt by the end of Year 4.
To assist our children with this, we have introduced 50 Club a times table quiz to help children learn fast methods to work out their times tables up to 12 x 12.
Each week the children complete 50 times table questions, the rules are:
- You have 3 minutes to complete as many as possible
- Everybody starts the process on Level A
- If you complete 50 questions correctly, joining the 50 club, you move on to the next level, e.g. A, B, C, D
- You can also move to the next level if you score over 48, 3 times
- Maths Objectives Year 1 and 2.pdf
- Maths Objectives Year 3 and 4.pdf
- Maths Objectives Year 5 and 6.pdf