Meet our Governing Body
Mrs Lauren Blyth
• BEd (Hons) in Primary Education with QTS 2:2
• 9 Years in teaching
• Good/Outstanding teacher through Peer and SLT observations
• Specialist Leader in Education (SLE)
• Experience in Teaching and Learning, Data analysis, Provision mapping using data analysis
• Leader of Maths within school
• Mentor for training teachers, links to university
• Key Stage leader, supporting staff to become the best they can be alongside SLT
• Current SEND knowledge
Mr Paul Hull
Chair of Governors
• BA (Hons) Psychology
• ILM (L5) Leadership & Management
• ILM (L5) Coaching
• Trainer & qualifier of managers
• Master NLP Practitioner
• 28 years experience in education & leadership & management
• Experience inc:
o Strategic leadership
o Staff and performance management
o Supporting teams through OFSTED
o Team development
o Coaching for development
o Teaching & learning pedagogies
I have 28 years of academic leadership and business experience and am currently Director of a leadership & management training company, qualifying managers through the ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management).
Along with senior leadership roles in education, I have held the position of Advanced Teaching & Learning Leader during my time as a Psychology teacher.
In the context of both education and private commerce, I am committed to developing managers to recognise their teams as the key resource to success.
As a newly appointed Governor, with a child at the Academy, I look forward to assisting them in achieving the aim to be outstanding, with an eye on the sustainability of that success.
Mr Richard Laing
I feel it a real privilege to be part of the governing body of Cromwell Academy.
I qualified as a Primary School teacher more years ago than I care to remember. Since then I have taught violin and orchestral and choral music to children, young people and adults around the UK; I am a passionate believer in the power of creative subjects not only to enrich children’s lives but also to increase achievement in the core subjects.
My daughter is a pupil at the school, and I’m glad to say she enjoys being part of Cromwell Academy very much. As a governor I will strive to ensure that the school always works in partnership with the parents and carers, and that it continues to develop the academic and social skills of all the children here to help them become the caring, imaginative, enterprising members of society we all want them to be.