Reception - A
Welcome to Amazing As!
Welcome to Reception Amazing As! My name is Mrs Ash and I will be teaching Reception this year.
Can you believe we are half way through the year already? Time flies when you are having fun! We have had a fun-packed term learning about Traditional Tales. All of the children had a try of some porridge like Goldilocks and made a map to help Little Red Riding Hood find her way to Grandma’s where we saw super progression in their phonics knowledge. We still love writing but now we are getting better at our reading too and can work out how to read much more than we thought we could!
In Spring B we will be focusing on our topic, ‘Animal Magic’. We will have a visit from some small animals and learn about different types of animals. We are going to look after some animals in our vet role play area.
Please feel free to come and speak to me throughout the year should you have any questions, queries or concerns.
Our topic this half term will focus on learning about different animals.
During the topic we will be:
- Learning new consonant digraphs that will help us become more fluent when reading.
- Looking at bigger numbers. We will be talking about time and position. We are going to revisit the shapes we have learned and introduce some 3D shapes.
- We will be playing different games on the Interactive White Board and taking turns to complete these tasks.
- We will continue to learn through weekly adult-led literacy and maths tasks. We will improve our prime are learning by working together and looking out for each other.
- We will continue to focus on listening by playing different listening games.
- We will develop gross motor skills in P.E., in our outdoor classroom and at the woods.
- We will develop our fine motor skills indoors using sensory materials to get our hands ready for writing.