Year 1 - C
Welcome to Year 1 Creative Cs! My name is Mrs Guerin and I will be teaching Year 1 this year.
Year 1 have had a great time being beside the seaside but in Summer B we are now getting our wellies and binoculars on and becoming explorers of living things. We will continue to have fun with our learning and take part in practical, hands-on activities to support our learning journey. We are independent learners but have also become brilliant team players. We have had so many achievements from both home and school so far this year and we look forward to celebrating many more future achievements with family and the rest of the school.
Please feel free to come and speak to me throughout the year should you have any questions, queries or concerns.
Our topic this half term will be based on the acronym MRS GREN and will focus on the 7 life processes.
We will be:
- Looking at how animals were used for different jobs in the past to how they are used nowadays.
- Learning about how animals are used differently in different countries around the world.
- Learning about how artwork can be inspired by nature and using this to create clay sculptures and make observational drawings.
- Looking at how animals are seen as significant in different world religions.
- Writing a range of genres including stories, letters and information texts.
- Learning about the maths topics of time, position and direction and money.
- Using Scratch in computing to develop our programming skills.
- Learning about what plants need to grow, exploring the life cycle of a plant and comparing the growth of bulbs and seeds.
- Completing various transition activities to get us ready to move to our next year group.