Year 2 - A
Welcome to Year 2. We Are the ‘Ambitious A’s’. I am Miss Harrison and I am the class teacher.
I can’t believe we’re a term and a half into our Year 2 journey already! We have learnt so much already and we’ve still got lots more to come. We are continuing to become independent learners and have developed an excellent team spirit in our class. We are supportive and encouraging of one another and continually strive to be the very best we can be.
Already this year we have learnt lots of new skills, had fun and worked hard. We have had lots of opportunities to share and celebrate our achievements, both from school and at home, with our friends, teachers and the rest of the school already and we look forward to sharing even more achievements as the year progresses.
We have been asking thoughtful and exciting questions about our learning, sharing our ideas and listening to the ideas of others. By working hard with our parents and carers at home as well as giving 100% at all times in school, we have already achieved lots of successes and are looking forward to achieving lots more things as we continue on our Year 2 journey.
Shoot for the moon; even if you miss you will end up among the stars! And remember, a day without laughter is a day wasted!
‘Off to Boarding School.’
Our topic this half term will be based on the Malory Towers series of books by Enid Blyton.
We will be:
- Comparing boarding school in the 1940s to school nowadays.
- Contrasting the setting of Malory Towers with the local environment of our school.
- Learning to plait and weave to create a textured collage which represents a setting from the story.
- Learning some basic French greetings and relating them back to French teacher in the story.
- Learning about Judaism, Sikhism and Buddhism and comparing them to Christianity.
- Writing a range of genres including diaries, letters, persuasive leaflets, narratives, setting descriptions and character profiles.
- In Maths, our topics will be shape, fractions and measuring length and height. We will also be revisiting and consolidating everything we have learnt so far.
- We will be PowerPoint and iMovie to create persuasive adverts for Malory Towers.
- Our science topic will be the Environment and will be based around the effects that all kinds of pollution have on all parts of the world.
- In PSHE we will be learning about the importance of concentration and understanding risks.