Year 3 – D
Year 3 D’s Autumn A ‘Roaring Rivers!’
Our topic this half term is based rivers and the geographical features of the areas around them:
Some learning experiences will include:
- Developing their sketching skills while visiting the local river.
- Use their map and compass skills to find their way to the river.
- Understanding the physical features of a river.
- Identify the changes of the rivers through history.
- Beginning to multiply and divide using the formal method and to use numbers beyond 4 digits when solving word problems.
- Looking at shape poetry and recognising features of poems.
- Comparing how things move on different surfaces and to Notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act a distance