Year 3 – D
Welcome to Year 3. We are the "Determined D's"! My name is Mrs. Kennedy and I am the class teacher.
This will be my tenth year working as a Teacher. My family and I have lived in England for a little over two years and prior to that we lived in Maryland, USA. I have two children who are pupils at Cromwell Academy. I am very excited about working with this class this year!
My philosophy for learning is that each child is unique and each child learns in a different way. One of my jobs as a teacher is to help children discover his or her individuality and work alongside them to maximise it. It is my goal to create a community of learners who are committed to working hard and having fun. After all, we are the Determined D's :) I want my pupils to leave my classroom feeling confident that they can apply what they’ve learned in school to real-life situations. I want my pupils to feel challenged and to have an enhanced passion for learning.
Collaboration, cooperation, and open communication between home and school are keys to building a strong foundation for a successful school year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to talk in person, I am also available to schedule appointments before and after school.
Year 3 D’s Autumn A ‘Roaring Rivers!’
Our topic this half term is based rivers and the geographical features of the areas around them:
Some learning experiences will include:
- Developing their sketching skills while visiting the local river.
- Use their map and compass skills to find their way to the river.
- Understanding the physical features of a river.
- Identify the changes of the rivers through history.
- Beginning to multiply and divide using the formal method and to use numbers beyond 4 digits when solving word problems.
- Looking at shape poetry and recognising features of poems.
- Comparing how things move on different surfaces and to Notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act a distance