Year 3 – D
Welcome to Year 3. We Are the ‘Determined D’s. I am Mrs. Kennedy and I am the class teacher.
This first term seems to have flown by before our eyes! The children worked hard every day in order to improve their learning. Their efforts show in the work that they have produced. I am so very proud of their achievements and they should be too! The children have had lots of opportunities to share their ideas and their learning with their classmates. I will continue to foster this open dialogue as the school year progresses. I am looking forward to this second term and anticipate great things from all of my students!
Year 3 D’s topic this half term is ‘William Shakespeare’
Our topic this half term is based on the poetry and life of William Shakespeare. We will be investigating the History and Geographical regions of his home and the setting of Romeo and Juliet:
Some learning experiences will include:
- Developing design skills by creating a mask for a masquerade bal
- Comparing Geographical similarities and differences between countries.
- Looking at playscripts to create and perform their own.
- Continuing to multiply and divide using the formal method and to use numbers beyond 4 digits when solving word problems.
- Researching Scientific Inventor.