Year 4 - E
Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to Year 4 Elite Es Spring term! Our names are Mrs Yarnell and Mrs Jones. We are very excited to be joining your children on their learning journey for the rest of this academic year.
We have been working with Mrs Wootton for the last few weeks to ensure a smooth transition and the continuation of her excellent practice. We have an inspiring term ahead based around the life and works of Roald Dahl.
We are both very much looking forward to being part of Cromwell Academy at a very exciting time.
For your information, Mrs Yarnell will be teaching the class Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Mrs Jones will complete the week.
Please feel free to come and ask either of us any questions or discuss any concerns.
Our topic this half term is based on the author Roald Dahl. We will be researching the history of his life and comparing the countries he has visited.
Some learning experiences will include:
- Finding out about the experiences of men, women and children in the past and their attitudes and beliefs.
- Compare Geographical similarities and differences between countries.
- Creating a play script about one of Roald Dahl’s stories.
- Using their multiplication and division knowledge with larger numbers.
- Recognising and investigating a variety of different scientific inventors.