Year 4 - E
Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to Year 4 Elite Es! My name is Mrs Wootton and I am excited for the rest of the year to come.
Throughout the year we will be creating a happy, well-motivated and stimulating learning environment which will help the children grow as independent young people with a love for learning. We have lots of fantastic topics to learn this year looking at and researching a variety of subjects.
Please feel free to come and ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
Year 4 E’s Autumn A ‘Roaring Rivers!’
Our topic this half term is based rivers and the geographical features of the areas around them:
Some learning experiences will include:
- Developing their sketching skills while visiting the local river.
- Use their map and compass skills to find their way to the river.
- Understanding the physical features of a river.
- Identify the changes of the rivers through history.
- Beginning to multiply and divide using the formal method and to use numbers beyond 4 digits when solving word problems.
- Looking at shape poetry and recognising features of poems.
- Recognising the water cycle and the different processes it goes through.