Year 5 – M
Welcome to Year 5 Motivated 'M’s' class page.
Welcome back to Year 5 Motivated Ms. Miss Allen will continue to teach Year 5 on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, with Mrs O’Reilly teaching on a Thursday and Friday. We are looking forward to an inspiring new half term filled with creativity, curiosity and teamwork.
Our classroom is ready for us to learn, resources are available and our displays have been updated to reflect our exciting new topics. Reading is an integral part of our day and we will continue to read at home and throughout the day, ready to take our AR quizzes. We are excited to introduce a new way of Guided Reading, still skills based but using new activities and resources that we think the children will find fun and inspiring! Reading at home and signing the link books is very important, and each time we read we earn house points, helping our house to become the champions. We also receive a token for passing a quiz and these leads to prizes!
We are looking forward to exciting times together in Year 5, after an excellent first term. We hope to always be motivated, diligent and dedicated to learning, as we move forward in our school journey together.
Our topic for the Spring Term has a Geography and History focus, as we will be studying ` The Americas’
Aspects to be taught:
- In English, we will be looking at famous American Authors, to inspire our Fiction writing, such as poetry, description and narratives and also as a stimulus for Non Fiction writing.
- In Mathematics, we will be focusing on Fractions and how to add, subtract ,multiply and divide them and place them in order. We will apply our skills to solve a range of fluency, reasoning and mastery problems.
- In Science, we will develop our practical investigative skills, such as fair testing, measuring, predicting and writing a conclusion. We will apply our skills to our new topic ….
- In History we will investigate the discovery of America and its states by focusing on key American figures in history.
- In Geography we will look at contrasting Physical and Human geographical features of the American States.
- In Art and Design we will develop our painting skills using American artists as our inspiration.