Menus and Payments
Our school meal provider is a company called the ‘Lunchtime Company’. The cost of a school meal is £2.30 per day with effect from 1 September 2018. Please ensure that school meals are paid for in advance. With immediate effect school meals will not be provided to children who do not have sufficient funds in their accounts to cover the cost of the meal by 9.30am on the morning of the day the meal is required.
Children are able to choose from a variety of foods. Each day they are allowed to choose a bowl of soup (optional), a main course, as much side salad as they like, a dessert as well as fresh fruit!
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to a Universal Free School Meal from September 2015. Your child can also be provided with a packed lunch when they are out on a school trip.
We will endeavour to contact parents/carers to advise them they have forgotten to provide their child with lunch or payment, should we not be able to contact anyone on the contact list we will give your child a drink and a piece of fruit if available.
Parent/Carer meals are £3.00 per day.
You are now able to make online payments for school meals using ParentMail. If you have not yet set up your child’s account please contact the school office for your password information.
Please contact Vicki Davis with any queries you may have.
Free School Meals
You will be aware that the school does offer Free School Meals for families should you meet the eligibility requirements. Children who qualify for Free School Meals are not identified, or treated any differently to other pupils accessing the school meals we provide, we do urge you to consider applying should you meet the criteria set out below. There is no stigma associated with this; we just want any families who do qualify to take advantage of their entitlement.
Universal Free School Meals
Free School Meals will be given to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 from September 2014. A packed lunch will also be provided should your child attend any school trips.
To be eligible for Free School Meals, families must be in receipt of one of the following support payments:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or
- Income-related employment and support allowance or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999 or
- Child Tax Credit but who are not entitled to working tax credit and whose annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190 or
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
- Note: Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
If you would like to apply for free school meals please click on the link below; or pop in to the school office and pick up an application form.