Welcome to Reception Ash Tree Class! My name is Mrs Ash and I will be teaching Reception this year.
I am extremely impressed with the way the whole class has settled after starting school in September. Every single child in the class has progressed beautifully, overcoming individual obstacles and becoming more confident by remaining engaged, excited and enthusiastic. Keep it up! We have been celebrating our achievements in class and with the whole school and will continue to celebrate home learning with our WOW slips that can be collected in the cloakroom.
This half term we are going to continue to develop the skills we have learned and introduce some new activities. Our new topic is going to be focused on the book, ‘The Jolly Postman’ which will broaden the children’s writing experiences. We will be practising singing and performing for our nativity this half term and we are very excited about starting our weekly trips to Hinchingbrooke Park.
Please feel free to come and speak to me throughout the year should you have any questions, queries or concerns.
'The Jolly Postman'
Our topic this half term will focus on the book 'The Jolly Postman'.
During the topic we will be:
- Using the sounds we have learned and learn new sounds to help us to read and write letters to send;
- Focusing on space, shape and measure by helping the postman to wrap up and sort boxes in our post office;
- We will read ‘The Jolly Postman at Christmas’ which will lead us into the countdown to Christmas when we perform our nativity;
- We will use the communication and language skills we have developed to rehearse speaking for our nativity. We will use our personal, social and emotional development skills to gain confidence to perform. We will increase our expressive arts and design skills by singing Christmas songs and playing musical instruments;
- Now that we are comfortable in our own classroom and have become an integral part of the school we are going to take advantage of being located next to a country park by attending weekly forest school sessions. We will develop our physical skills, understanding the world knowledge and personal, social and emotional development.