Welcome to Year 2 Cherry Tree Class. I am Miss Harrison and I am the class teacher.
I am thoroughly looking forward to teach Year 2 again this year and I am excited to see you all become more independent learners. We are going to be working as a team to become the very best we can be.
In our class, we will combine learning new skills with having fun, and joining in enthusiastically with all curriculum areas. We will have lots of opportunities to share and celebrate our achievements, both from school and at home, with our friends, teachers and the rest of the school. We will ask thoughtful and exciting questions about what we are learning throughout the year. By working hard with our parents and carers at home as well as giving 100% at all times in school, we will achieve lots of successes that we can all be proud of.
Shoot for the moon; even if you miss you will end up amongst the stars! And remember, a day without laughter is a day wasted!
Our topic this half term will be Toys R Us and will be based on toys and games.
We will be:
- Looking at the differences between toys we play with now and those our grandparents played with.
- Learning about popular toys and games in different countries around the world.
- Designing and making our own puppets, making split pin toys and doing observational drawings of our favourite toys.
- Learning about the different creation stories of world religions.
- Writing a range of genres including stories, character descriptions, information texts, riddles, labels and captions.
- In Maths, our topics will be place value, addition and subtraction.
- We will be using computers to replicate the work of different artists.
- Our science topic will be Every day materials. We will be comparing different materials, looking at their uses, learning about recycling and understanding how different materials can be discovered.
- In PSHE we will be learning about managing risks and keeping safe.