Welcome to Year 5 Willow tree class! Both myself (Mrs Wootton) and Mrs Yarnell cannot wait to teach you again and we are excited for the rest of the year to come.
Throughout the year we will be creating a happy, well-motivated and stimulating learning environment which will help the children grow as independent young people with a love for learning. We have lots of fantastic topics to learn this year looking at and researching a variety of subjects.
I have enjoyed teaching your children so far and am looking forward to watching them grow and become determined young learners who are always motivated to learn. Please feel free to come and ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
Year 5 Willow Tree Class. Autumn B 2018
Our topic this half term is the text ‘Kensukes Kingdom’. We will be taking an in depth look into this book and it’s main themes.
Some learning experiences will include:
· Sculpturing an island and looking at the artist Hokusai.
· Comparing The UK and Japan.
· Using an atlas to plot a route around the world.
· Creating a ships log and haikus.
· To understand multiplication and division methods and to use these in problems.
· To identify and investigate different scientists and inventors.