Welcome to Year 5 Willow tree class! Both myself (Mrs Wootton) and Mrs Yarnell cannot wait to teach you again and we are excited for the rest of the year to come.
Throughout the year we will be creating a happy, well-motivated and stimulating learning environment which will help the children grow as independent young people with a love for learning. We have lots of fantastic topics to learn this year looking at and researching a variety of subjects.
I have enjoyed teaching your children so far and am looking forward to watching them grow and become determined young learners who are always motivated to learn. Please feel free to come and ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
Year 5 Willow Tree Class Autumn A 2018
Our topic this half term is The Land Before Time. We will be investigating the Historical and Geographical origins of dinosaurs and fossils.
Some learning experiences will include:
- Sketching using a variety of techniques to add interesting effects.
- Describe the main changes in a period of history including how dinosaurs became extinct.
- Exploring the location of different fossils and how they have been formed.
- Looking at Mary Anning as a palaeontologist to create a biography of her life.
- To understand place value of numbers up to 10 000 and to consolidate addition and subtraction methods.
- To distinguish and compare planets and their movement.