Promoting Online Safety
,RE: Promoting Online Safety
At Cromwell Academy we believe that the use of IT and the internet is an essential educational tool and we take online safety very seriously. We regularly take the opportunity to reinforce the message of online safety through engaging computing lessons and assemblies.
We would be grateful if you could continue your child’s learning at home by talking to them about what they already know about online safety and reinforcing the key messages of keeping themselves safe online.
To support you with this, we have added a new Internet Safety section onto our school website (www.cromwellacademy.com) and from here you will be able to access a number of resources linked to Online Safety.
Some other resources which you may find helpful in supporting your children online are:
- Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
- Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the UK Safer Internet Centre
- Guides on popular apps and games from NetAware
- Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from Common Sense Media
- Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from Internet Matters
- Information and reporting of actual or attempted grooming or abuse online with CEOP
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping your children safe online, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for you continued support; in partnership we can ensure our children get the best out of the internet to support their learning journey, equip them for their future and ensure their safety in doing so.
Year 3 Teacher and Computing Co-ordinator