Welcome to Year 1 Palm Tree Class!
Summer is here already! Both myself and Mr Farrant are looking forward to another term filled with learning and fun! We are especially looking forward to a day in the woods, our trip to Woburn Safari Park and our class assembly.
I have enjoyed teaching your children so far and am looking forward to watching them grow and become independent young learners who are always motivated to learn. Please feel free to come and ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
This term we will also be preparing for the phonics screening which takes place week commencing Monday 10th June.
PE will continue to be on Mondays and Tuesdays so please remember PE kits and that earring will need to be removed for PE lessons.
Our topic for this half term is Safari
Next week, May 1st, we will be visiting Woburn Safari Park.
We will be
- writing recounts for two weeks. Then we will spend two weeks reading and writing using the story Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae. In the last week of half term we will be reading and reciting poetry and then writing some of our own.
- learning about multiplication and division, fractions and position and direction.
- using a range of media to draw plants and animals.
- using clay to sculpt animals.
- using technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- looking at places of worship.
- studying pants and growing some of our own.
- comparing the UK with Kenya and thinking about what it would be like to live in Kenya.
- finding out about David Attenborough.
- listening to and creating African music.
- learning about British values.