Welcome to Year 1 Palm Tree Class!
The children have nearly made it! In just 7 weeks we will be breaking up for the summer!
This half term we are learning about Houses and Homes. In English we will be reading the 3 Little Pigs and writing our own fairy tales. Our maths learning is focusing on place value, time and money. We will be making houses in DT so please start saving your cereal boxes. Our science topic is habitats and looking at where different animals live.
Please feel free to come and ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
This term we will also be preparing for the phonics screening which takes place week commencing Monday 10th June.
PE will be on Mondays and Tuesdays so please remember PE kits and that earring will need to be removed for PE lessons.
Our topic for this half term is Safari
Next week, May 1st, we will be visiting Woburn Safari Park.
We will be
- writing recounts for two weeks. Then we will spend two weeks reading and writing using the story Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae. In the last week of half term we will be reading and reciting poetry and then writing some of our own.
- learning about multiplication and division, fractions and position and direction.
- using a range of media to draw plants and animals.
- using clay to sculpt animals.
- using technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- looking at places of worship.
- studying pants and growing some of our own.
- comparing the UK with Kenya and thinking about what it would be like to live in Kenya.
- finding out about David Attenborough.
- listening to and creating African music.
- learning about British values.