Welcome to Year 4 Oak Trees.
We are so excited to welcome you all to our Year 4 Classroom on the first day of term, September 5. Mrs O’Reilly will be teaching on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday morning with the help of Miss Mann. Mrs Jones will complete the week with the help of Mrs Dawson. We have lots of fun topics to look forward to this year, which will initially be based on The Romans. Our other topics will be ‘Europe’s Got Talent’, ‘Romeo and Juliet’, Street Detectives’, ‘Crime and Punishment’, and lastly ‘In the Spotlight’! We look forward to exploring these topics with you and to having a fabulous year together of growing and learning ! See you all soon .
Mrs. O’Reilly and Mrs Jones
Year 4 Oak Trees Autumn A
Our topic this half term is based on The Romans. We will be:
- Investigating the History and Geographical regions of the Roman Empire.
- Developing our design skills by replicating patterns present in natural and built Roman environments.
- Using maps, atlases, globes, and digital/computer mapping to locate the expansion of the Roman Empire.
- Investigating the social, ethnic, cultural and/or religious impacts of the expansion of the Roman Empire.
- Exploring the concept of change over time, representing this, along with evidence, on a timeline.