Welcome to Year 4 Oak Trees.
Mrs O’Reilly teaches on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday morning with the help of Miss Mann. Mrs Jones will complete the week with the help of Mrs Dawson. We have lots of fun topics to look forward to this year, which will initially be based on The Romans. Our other topics will be ‘Europe’s Got Talent’, ‘Romeo and Juliet’, Street Detectives’, ‘Crime and Punishment’, and lastly ‘In the Spotlight’! We look forward to exploring these topics with you and to having a fabulous year together of growing and learning ! See you all soon .
Mrs. O’Reilly and Mrs Jones
Out topic this term is based on Buildings – Street Detectives. We will be:
- Using maps, atlases and Chrome Books to research and locate different types of buildings in our local area.
- Writing newspaper reports evolving around ‘The Three Little Pigs – An Architectural Tale’. Then using alternative versions of The Three Little Pigs as inspiration, to write our own alternative stories.
- To develop our design skills and use various materials to produce our own building structures. We will then test their strength drawing inspiration from The Three Little Pigs!
- Conducting lots of exciting practical investigations in Science around the topic of ‘Living Things and Their Habitats’.
- To understand fractions and decimals and use these to solve problems.