Hello! Welcome to the Bonsai Tree class page. This year the team consists of Mr Sykes and a team of other talented adults. We are all incredibly excited about the year which lay ahead. We feel privileged to be spending such a significant part of your child’s primary education together and look forward to sharing their successes and creating memories together which we will all remember forever!
We would like to take this opportunity to tell you what your children can expect as we embark on the next chapter of their education:
We will create a stimulating, engaging and exciting learning environment where your child will feel comfortable, confident and respected. Willing to try new things, this is something that most of us don’t want to hear. If we want to get really good at something there are no short cuts! Have the drive to constantly want to improve and to persevere when we find things challenging. We will bring lessons to life using a multitude of interactive resources, making their learning experience as fun as possible!
We will work independently on some projects and in teams on others but we will always recognise each other’s achievements and reward success. We will display our work with pride and share our accomplishments with the rest of the school.
We’re ready if you are and look forward to getting started.
Year 6 Bonsai Class Autumn A 2018
Our topic this half term is The Land Before Time. We will be investigating the Historical and Geographical origins of dinosaurs and fossils.
Some learning experiences will include:
- Sketching using a variety of techniques to add interesting effects.
- Describe the main changes in a period of history including how dinosaurs became extinct.
- Exploring the location of different fossils and how they have been formed.
- Looking at Mary Anning as a palaeontologist to create a biography of her life.
- To understand place value of numbers up to 10 000 and to consolidate addition and subtraction methods.
- To investigate evolution and inheritance including the theory of evolution.