Hello! Welcome to the ‘Wondering Ys’ class Page.
Hello! Welcome to the ‘Wondering Y’s’ class page. As you will already know, the team consists of: Mr Sykes and a team of other talented adults. We have had a superb start to the term and want to maintain our momentum. We are privileged to be spending such a significant part of your child’s primary education together. We look forward to sharing in more of their successes and creating more memories together!
We would like to take this opportunity to tell you what your children can expect as we embark on the next chapter of their education:
We will create a stimulating, engaging and exciting learning environment where your child will feel comfortable, confident and respected. We are going to face subjects that will both inform and engage your children in their learning. We must continue to try new things, this is something that is a continual challenge. We must continue to have the drive to constantly improve and to persevere when we find things challenging. We will continue to bring lessons to life using a multitude of interactive resources, making the learning experience as fun as possible!
We will work independently on some projects and in teams on others but we will always recognise each other’s achievements and reward success. We will display our work with pride and share our accomplishments with the rest of the school.
We’re ready for some more challenges and hard work when you are!
Year 6 Bonsai Class Autumn A 2018
Our topic this half term has a text focus and is called ‘A World of Wonder’. During this half term:
- In English we will continue to focus on accurate and ambitious use of grammar from the new National Curriculum. We will be studying Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It is a warm, uplifting story that will have readers laughing one minute and wiping away tears the next.
- In Mathematics we will be focussing on developing all of our fluency, reasoning and problem-solving skills. We will also be applying our increasing mathematical problems in a range of situations.
- In Science we will be investigating light. We will discover how light travels and how this enables us to see objects. They will make and star in their own television programme and create their own periscope.
- In Art we will be investigating collage techniques including mixing textures (rough and smooth, plain and patterned), combining visual and tactile qualities and using ceramic mosaic materials and techniques.
- In Geography we will be investigating locations and using statistics to draw clear conclusions about those locations.
- In RE we will be investigating Forgiveness and the role of forgiveness in world religions.